Should my website have a blog? This question has been asked a lot of times. Yes, your business website should have a blog. Today, almost all companies have business blogs. If you don’t have a business blog and you are running a business, you are missing out on a lot of things. So, you may ask, what is the purpose of blogs in business? Here are twenty reasons why you should have a business blog.
- Blogs are easy to build: You don’t need to be a web designer or a programmer to build a business blog. There are several online tools that make the whole process easy. Anyone can use WordPress, Blogger, and other platforms.
- Blogs are free: You don’t need to spend money before you can have a blog. Instead of spending more money on adverts, you can create a blog and generate tons of traffic to your website.
- Blogs provide an avenue for communicating with customers: With a blog, you can communicate better with your customers. It provides a medium of dishing out useful tips and hints about your products. You can also use it to announce new and upcoming products and services.
- Blogs boost your SEO ranking: When you have a blog, your articles will contain relevant keywords that a lot of people search for. With these keywords, you will rank well on search engines. A lot of businesses are discovered through search engines, so you should take your SEO ranking seriously and improve it with a business blog.
- A blog is a good way of interacting with customers: Most blogs have a comment section. With this comment section, customers, industry experts, and other people can share their opinions on various things. You can get feedback and interact better with your customers when you have a blog.
- A blog helps visitors establish confidence in your business: When you have a blog and you are seen as an expert in your field, people will look up to you. People will recommend you to others, which can lead to more sales.
- Blogs create a voice or personality for your business: You can reflect your brand personality through your business blog. It shows your standpoint and opinion on current market trends and happenings.
- You can show your expertise through your blog: When you have a blog section on your website, you get an opportunity to show off your expertise. When customers know that you are an expert, they are more willing to trust you. And when they trust you, they will readily buy your products.
- Blogging creates more focus for your business: To maintain a blog, you need to be focused on specific aspects. You can’t just blog on everything. A blog should help you clarify your business focus and goals.
- A blog will make you take your content marketing strategy serious: When you have a blog, you will be focused on your content marketing strategy. Blogging requires consistency, and it will keep you focused.
- A business blog helps you stay ahead of competitors: With a business blog, you can gain a competitive edge over others in your industry.
- Blogging is a good PR channel: When you have a blog, you will be discovered by many people, and you could even go viral. You could be interviewed by newspapers, magazines, and TV and radio hosts as an expert.
- Blogging is fun: When you start blogging, you discover that it is more fun that you think it will be.
- Blogging makes you think: When you have a blog, you are always thinking of new ideas for the blog. You are always looking around for topics that blog readers will be interested in.
- Blogs tell you more about your audience: With a blog, you can get more information about your customers. There are special blog analytics tools that will allow you to track your readers, topics that are popular among them, comments, shares, and click-throughs.
- Blogging keeps you inspired: When you have a blog, you are always on the lookout for new ideas for your blog. You get ideas from objects around you, TV shows, conversations and other things.
- Blogs will fetch you more customers: Statistics by HubSpot show that businesses that have blog sections acquire more customers through their blogs.
- Your blog serves as a center for your content marketing: Your blog should be the heartbeat of the power center for your content marketing strategy. Anytime you upload new content to your blog, you can share it on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, email newsletters and other media. Your customers can also share it.
- Blogs provide better insight into your company: With a blog, you can tell customers more about your company history, story, and vision. Blogs are an avenue for providing more information about your company.
- Blogs are long-term advertisements: When you post a blog content, the content can be on the internet for life. You can link old topics with new topics for more visibility. So, a blog is an effective marketing medium that will be of help in the long run.
As you can see from this write-up, the purpose of blogs in a business cannot be over-emphasized. Your business will become so much better if you get a business blog. Remember that consistency is key. Once you start your business blog, ensure that you update it regularly.
But maybe you don’t have time to consistently update the content on your blog. Or maybe writing just isn’t your thing. Then contact UNIFY marketing & technology solutions! We offer blog solutions for businesses who are looking to grow their website traffic and build more sales! Check out our Facebook and LinkedIn social media sites to see more of what our business can do to help your business grow.