Every small business owner has a major challenge, making a decision on which email marketing strategy to adopt. After all, there are lots of strategies you can adopt for your business. These could be producing video content, blog content or using social media platforms. You can even decide to send press releases to subscribers that are loyal.
However, it has been discovered by experts that customers prefer getting access to marketing materials via emails. This makes email marketing a very powerful strategy that you can focus on. There is also the huge ROI that is offers. As a matter of fact, expect to get $44 in return whenever you spend a dollar. This is why I want to share some powerful tips on email marketing that can help your business become successful.
Easy Sign Up Process
Your email list will not grow if your sign up form is hidden on your website. Rather, there should be various subscriber forms on the website in order to enable people see it easily. They should be included on the homepage of your site, around its content, in your web page’s footer section, close to the navigation menu and in the sidebar (widget areas). This will enable people see it easily. Trying as much as you can to make the process of sign up very easy for your potential subscribers is very important.
You should even consider the option of using exit intent technology that will produce popup forms when visitors are about to leave your website. These actions can help your list grow as it will present visitors with one more opportunity of subscribing. This can help you get 35% more conversion of people who would have left your website.
Trying to ensure that people sign up easily is just the beginning part. You need to offer them a bait to encourage them to sign up. Offering of content upgrade seems to be the best way of doing this through which you will then be sending them offers in future. In simple terms, you need to offer them something that has value. This could be an eBook, a coupon or a checklist. It is all about offering them a good reason why they should give you their emails. This works effectively when used the right way.
There is a higher chance of people giving you their email address in exchange for something which is value to them. This is why you will need to ensure that the content being sent out during campaigns is varied.
Below are the various forms of emails which you can send out:
– Sending local customers invitations about events which your company will be hosting. Such can be an educational seminar or even a product demo.
– Sending emails to customers and getting them informed about new product launches. It could even be informing them about upgraded features in order to get them excited.
– This will enable you to disseminate any form of information. Promotional materials amd included advertising can also be shared. You shouldn’t forget to link back to your blog content, online shop, and social media accounts. This will boost your sales since it will bring about an increase in engagement.
– The fact that people usually frown at materials which sound promotional doesn’t imply they will not want to hear about special deals or upcoming sales. As a matter of fact, your CTR (Click-through rate) as well as revenue will be boosted once you can offer coupons and also giveaways like free shipping.
Segmenting Your Email List
Those days are gone whereby you have to send out a similar message to the same mailing list. In other words, sending out massive emails seems to be waning in terms of popularity as subscribers want messages that are personalized. If you want to really get your CTR boosted, have your email list broken down into groups. This will enable you know the ideal message to send to every group.
For instance, there are those who have bought while there are subscribers who haven’t even taken out time to read your emails over a given period of time. Send different messages to these groups with regards to how they have been responding to former emails. Try not to sound promotional as this can defeat the primary purpose about why the list has been segmented in the first place.
Still doubting how this can improve your business over time? It is important you understand the fact that welcome emails do produce more positive results than those ones which sound promotional. You should take time to build solid relationship with your subscribers. This will go a long way to helping you succeed in your business.
There Should Always Be Call to Action
In everything that you are doing, your call to action should be very clear. This is very important even when you aren’t primarily aiming to sell anything.
Through telling people what they should do, engagement with your site and content will be increased. This can have the most amazing impact on your business. Below are some CTA tips which you should always remember.
- It should be very clear and exciting
- Always use about 5 words. That is to say, it shouldn’t be wordy
- Copy that is action oriented should be always used. This will clearly the read what they are to do. It could be ‘‘Download Now’’, ‘‘Get Your Copy’’, ‘‘Click Here’’ and others
- They should be able to easily find the CTA within every email message.
Just as explained above, getting your subscribers to read your emails is only the beginning. This is because you will need to ensure that they are motivated to read such messages and also take subsequent actions.
Email marketing is one effective way through which any small business will be able to succeed within a short period of time. It gives you the chance to survive the stiff competition posed by the big brands in your niche. However, you will need to put in time and effort in order to make it a success as a strategy.
Get email marketing added to the strategy you use for reaching out to customers. It is all about identifying something very important that customers want from your business and presenting it to them through emails. The rate at which this is going to help your business grow will definitely amaze you.
Looking to step up your email marketing strategy? Let’s have coffee and discuss how we can elevate your emails with our blast message solutions! Schedule some time with us TODAY! 419.740.1010 | info@UNIFYmts.com | unifymts.com/appointment