Christmas Part 2:
There are some hot ticket items on Christmas lists this year. On Best Buy’s Top 20 list there are items like the Xbox One in different bundle packages, Google Home, GoPro Hero5, Fitbit Charge 2 Activity Tracker and more. While according to Elle magazine, a few of their top choices are a fashionable smartwatch, the iPhone 7, Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa remote or a Samsung Gear VR Virtual Reality Headset. We thought it would be fun to list our top 10 favorite Techie gifts to help make your holiday shopping a little easier!
- Amazon Fire TV Stick – We agree with Elle magazine that this is a must for your family. It’s affordable starting at just $39.99 while making streaming easier than ever, this makes your Netflix binging a piece of cake!
- Nintendo Classic – It’s not just the brand that makes the difference to the kid on Christmas morning, it’s the unique combination of NEW and RETRO that make this the go to gift this holiday for kids and parents alike. This one is difficult to find so make sure you aren’t paying more than the $59.99 MSRP because many resellers are already driving prices to nearly $300.
- iPhone 7 – There is something about iPhone that makes you just have to run out to the store for the latest version. Although this one is very similar to the iPhone 6, there are a few new tweaks that will still make unwrapping one of these exciting!
- Fitbit – We think this is one of the best gifts you can give. With styles like the Fitbit Blaze ($149.99) or the Fitbit Alta ($99.99), they are a piece of sleek jewelry plus a healthy habit must. Giving your loved one a gift that helps to get them into shape all while looking good is a big WIN in our book.
- Robot Vacuum – If you love your Mom, buy her this! There are a many brands to choose from like the Irobot – Roomba 650 ($274.99) or the Hoover Quest 700 ($199.99) and if you really want to splurge there is the Dyson 360 Eye ($999.99), any of these will be sure to bring a smile to Mom’s face on Christmas morning.
- Hoverboard – Definitely a “Hot” item on Christmas lists across the country. Opening one of these from Santa will make you a cool kid on the block for sure! According to bestreviewsonline.com, a couple of good choices based on safety and customer reviews are the Halo Rover ($697.00), Halo GO ($547.00), Swagtron T3 ($449.99) and the Powerboard (starting at $199.99). We want to remind you to use proper safety tips and caution with these though!
- Chromebook – With so many school systems going to a one on one device plan, Chromebooks are more popular than ever. They are lightweight, easily portable and very inexpensive. Perfect for surfing the internet, doing research and more.
- Beats – These still seem to be a big ticket item on Christmas wish lists. The Beats Solo3 ($249.99) are wireless, stylish and make your favorite artist sound like you are front row at their concert. Beats by Dre are even a better deal this season, whichever ones you decide to wrap up and give, they are sure to be a hit!
- Google Home – Best Buy was right on track with this being listed as a top gift. Talk about futuristic, Google Home is a voice – activated speaker that listens to you. That’s right parents, something in your house that actually listens to you! Sales this season have this starting at just $99 and that’s a small price to pay for something that makes your day easier!
- LED Lighting T-Shirt – Ok… we wanted to leave you with something for the Techie on your Christmas gift exchange list. You know, those office or family exchanges where the limit is $20 and you can’t find anything for that price. Well we’re here to tell you that for $18 you can get a gift on AMAZON that the whole neighborhood will be a buzz about. This shirt has a built in microphone and the EQ bars really light up in sync with the frequencies around it. Imagine wearing this to a concert or school dance, you will definitely be on fleek!